Our Ecological Efforts
The MDI Group uses ISO14001 (international standard for environmental management systems) as the basis for the whole company's environmental management system.
We also implement energy conservation not only at our manufacturing centers, but at our head office and other offices as well.
We have made the following commitments both in Japan and abroad with the aim of contributing to environmental conservation even a little more through our business activities, and have become an environmentally friendly corporation.
Using natural energy
- Installed solar panels in head office and Iida Factory
- Storing rainwater for plants on roof and outside of buildings
- We have reached a “green ratio” of 28% of our company property, including solar panels
- We now use thermal storage “eco-ice” for the outdoor air conditioning unit of our entrance hall
- We use LEDs for our indoor lighting
Community Cleanup Activities
- We regularly conduct cleanup activities around the head office as part of local environmental beautification activities
- Proactively engage in beautification activities in the neighborhood and promote environmental preservation in local communities